Frankfurt (Oder) Track : Radrennbahn : Velodrom : Velodrome
  • winstonwinston April 2011
    Outside Berlin, not as close as Fredersdorf but wooden and inside, possibly more accessible than the Berlin Velodrom?

image  image  image

285 metres, 49 degree banking

Hopefully someone will come along to translate, but it looks like it can be booked for group training sessions, would love to know if there are drop-in sessions.

Frankfurt (Oder) is about an hour on direct trains which run every 30 minutes from Berlin Hauptbahnhof

• winstonwinston April 2011
    from those pics looks like a long straight, tight banking sort of track.
  • winstonwinston August 2011
    Can anyone work out what a 2 or 3 hour private group training session here would be and whether they have hire bikes?

• benedictbenedict August 2011
    As far as I can tell they list prices for everything you might conceivably hire at a velodrome except bikes. I might be wrong though, I guess the best bet would be to email or call.

What are you thinking of doing, or is it purely speculative?
    Winter group session if people would be up for it, would need at least 10 to make it worthwhile, would need hire bikes I guess and at least one bilingual to translate coach....thoughts?...could open up to Peloton guys, sure plenty of them have got big cars to get out there!

• benedictbenedict August 2011
    I think it would be really good to do this. Between the various cycling groups around (Peloton, Fahrtwind, and the email lists) I'm sure you'd get enough people interested. The problem would be bike hire, and organising transport to Frankfurt. Alternatively it might be possible to hire the Berlin Velodrom, but I don't know much about this - it would make the logistics easier for sure, but the track maybe less suited to beginners.
    It's difficult to get on the Velodrom, so I was hoping that his place might be easier and more welcoming, only an hour by train too, if they have bike hire, all would be good....pending cost!