Tweed Run Berlin
  • benedictbenedict July 2011
  • winstonwinston July 2011
    Oddly I bumped into Teddy of the Tweed Run in Berlin last summer, I asked what he thought about copycat events, which this seems to be...something about "flattery"...

It would be nicer to see different regions celebrate their own cycling history, although I'm totally ignorant to whether Tweed was big in Germany ever....the ride in Paris (forgotten the name) is tweed run influenced but has more of a French feel to it.

I don't own any Tweed (excepting caps) do you think my green cord (Gentleman farmer style) suit will do?
  • benedictbenedict July 2011
    well i don't even have a tweed cap, so i guess it's unlikely i'll be able to attend. i'm not sure where you'd get tweed here. 
  • winstonwinston September 2011
    Would've actually come down for this and attempted to break the dress code, however I have family visiting...will be in Berlin next Wednesday afternoon though!
  • benedictbenedict September 2011
    looks like i've been volunteered. just need to cobble together some tweed or at least something old fashioned looking. will be hard as my wardrobe is limited to jeans and t-shirts
    add waistcoat, flat cap and neckerchief, go for  a period farm hand look?
    i think that's the best plan. i'll have a look for a pitchfork too. 

btw. how long are you round on wed and where will you be? if you have time to go for a beer give me a shout!
    will do, dropping off mum at airport then meeting at Keirin...I'll check the times.
  • WolfgangWolfgang September 2011
    Hello!
    I have been there last sunday. Despite of the rain there have been around 30 cyclists. I guess there will be more people next year. Would be nice to see you there. It is not - and should not be - the London Tweed Run though. Posted pictures at the fahrradjournal. More pictures at the official website.
    Greetings, Wolfgang
    Does look good and wish I could've made it....were participants wearing a more German influenced retro styling??

here's a link to the French one: http://www.beret-baguette.com/
  • WolfgangWolfgang September 2011
    Thanks for the French link. I think there is this retro fashion, an idea, a vision ... but who knows exactly what is meant by that? When it comes to the dress code, people are more or less authentic. German style? Or English? Saw different types ... As one can see on the pictures some participants just improvised ... others had not any tweed at all. And that was o.k. ...
    What did you wear Ben?
    looks like a successful day wolfgang, despite the weather!

i'm afraid i didn't make it because i was both horribly hungover and i didn't manage to get hold of any tweed. and of course the rain which i'm sure wouldn't have stopped me if i had any tweed. i don't know - is tweed any good for rain?
    yes, but it smells!
  • benedictbenedict September 2012

The 2nd Berlin Tweed Run is this Sunday:

http://fahrradjournal.de/tweed-run/2nd-tweed-day-berlin-2012/